My Photo
Name:
Location: London, UK
    Free Web Counters

    Tuesday, March 15, 2005

    The Serenity Prayer

    A friend recently posted the Serenity Prayer, mentioning that she was trying to pray through it during this season in her life. It says…

    God grant me the serenityto accept the things I cannot change;
    courage to change the things I can;a
    nd wisdom to know the difference.

    Living one day at a time;
    Enjoying one moment at a time;
    Accepting hardships as the pathway to peace;
    Taking, as He did, this sinful world as it is,
    not as I would have it;
    Trusting that He will make all things right
    if I surrender to His Will;
    That I may be reasonably happy in this life
    and supremely happy with Him
    Forever in the next.

    Amen.

    --Reinhold Niebuhr

    I have to tell you, If I could just be granted the “wisdom to know the difference” and take the time to enjoy “one moment at a time” I’d be very wealthy.

    Comments on "The Serenity Prayer"

     

    Blogger Jim Knaggs said ... (1:40 AM) : 

    I think you're quite wealthy, just as all are who are children of the King...Yes, this is a bit trite, but nonetheless true. I'm grateful God knows me so well that he dispenses the proper wisdom for the moment. It's exciting to know He knows...

     

    post a comment