Saturday, April 28, 2007

an nfl draft day prayer...

Today they sit themselves down for the draft
Each team with figures, and legers, and drafts
They’ve taken their 40 times, bench presses too
All in the hopes that one might come through
But I have just one wish, just one wish I pray
Please don’t let Peterson live by the bay
I’m not talking Wisconson, or Florida down South
I’m talking of Cleveland, with all the loudmouths
Cleveland, the one with the Championship drought
This is my prayer Lord, thank you, I’m out.

p.s. If you could send him to Pittsburgh, I’d be especially greatful!

original words by Timothy Miller, Pittsburgh and Oklahoma Sooners Fan!

Comments on "an nfl draft day prayer..."

 

Blogger Larry said ... (10:43 PM) : 

The Cleveland Browns may have had the best draft of the two days....The Steelers? Unfortunately, this still won't put the Browns over the hump. I was hoping for Mr. Peterson. Instead, we got a stud OT and a promising QB in the firt round. A couple of very good corners came next. Who knows? Maybe this is the year we catch a few of our Central division guys sleeping.

 

Blogger Sean said ... (7:37 PM) : 

Cleveland did in have a great draft, of course, only time will tell. As good as all of Cleveland's past high picks have done, I would wait and see what they are like over the next few years. As for the Steelers, -standard low profile draft, good pre-cursor to a winning season.
Here we go stillers, here we go!

 

Blogger Rob said ... (11:22 PM) : 

For the most part I'd have to say that I agree with you. My posting was just an attempt at wondering aloud what we've allowed the uniform to become. As you have experienced, I too have been afforded equal numbers of witnessing and ministry opportunities by simply wearing a Salvo T or jacket. My argument is that we place too much value on the uniform itself.

Case in point - this week at DHQ, I was scolded (that in and of itself could be a blog topic) for not wearing my tunic for a meeting with visiting officers from another DHQ close by. Why would we desire to parade around in our "Sunday best" for each other, yet for dinner that evening we were instructed to replace the tunic with a sweater or something else entirely?

 

post a comment