Monday, July 18, 2005

voice through the noise


I was reading a friend’s thoughts tonight on how God speaks to her in the stillness. Of how she took a walk along the beach, skipping stones into the water and feeling the warmth of the sand on her feet. Of how the mist hovered gently over the trees and of how the rain pitter pattered in the water on the lake all around her. And I wondered if God still spoke to me, in the noise of the city, in the cry of the siren, in the shouts of the people on the street, in the staggering of the drunk, in the solicitation of the prostitute, in the threat of the mugger, and through my locked doors. I'm sure He does, but sometimes it's hard to hear.

Comments on "voice through the noise"

 

Blogger Jim Knaggs said ... (2:48 AM) : 

He spoke to me through you. Thanks.

 

Blogger KiR said ... (6:38 PM) : 

I love the way that God can speak in so many different ways. This summer I have looked into the eyes of people so strung out on heroin or crack and seen Christ deep within. It's so much easier to pretend that God is not there. That way it makes it easier to turn your back on it. But now that I have seen, I cannot deny it.
Bless you Tim.

PS - I added you as a link from my blog. Hope that's cool

 

post a comment