Thursday, May 11, 2006

new writers

I’d like to welcome three new writers to my right hand column.

Sean Savage for today’s post on passion. He wrote…
“I find that when my passion fades, when the thing I know God wants me to do is boring, I have surpassed the point when I was supposed to take a break.”

Thank you so much for that one Sean. You were speaking directly to me.

I’d also like to welcome Kirstin Ivany for her post on babysitting for strippers. It inspired and encouraged me.

And finally I’d like to welcome Joel Ivany, Kirstin’s brother. I don’t know why I’ve added Joel. He mostly writes about working at Starbucks and liking opera, but he manages to compare each of these things to his Christian walk, and I’m enjoying the journey.

Unfortunately, after several warnings and even a threat or two, I’ve had to delete somebody from my right hand column. That’s right Mel, you’re gone! Your last post was in MARCH! Get it together and we’ll talk about putting you back!

Was that me who wrote about grace a few posts back? : )

I was sitting outside, having lunch this past weekend, when the above kid walked by with the above t-shirt. I think it speaks volumes of the world's take on Christianity. We have to change this.

Comments on "new writers"

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (3:58 PM) : 

backstreet boys?...really?

 

Blogger peter said ... (8:01 PM) : 

I love that shirt. Its such a great conversation starter with people. Because there is so much truth to it. The ant-every stance is definitly very typical of North American Evangelicals.

Last week I spoke at a conference in Indiana and one of my seminars was exactly that. How society perceives Christianity. When surveyed people tended to think pretty highly of Jesus, but not Christians. Somewhere along the line we have preverted Jesus' messaage to be one of hate.

Peter
www.lublink.ca

 

Blogger Bret said ... (4:14 AM) : 

I agree with Peter. . .

All I can say is, that dude’s got marbles. Wear a shirt like that in the wrong part of town and you could get your #@!! kicked.

The gay community needs to see an authentic love for Jesus and people from the Christian community more now than ever. The guy would probably do better to wear shirt that says “I love gays.” But then what would Christians think?

 

post a comment