Thursday, December 28, 2006

it's 5:00 a.m. in london...

According a survey I just took on myspace, I am only 15% emo. Thank God!

After only a week in Egypt, my schedule is all jacked up. It’s 5:00 a.m. and I’m wide awake. At 8:00 p.m. last night, all I wanted to do was sleep. I fought to stay awake until 10:00 p.m. and then I was out. Could this be the beginning of me finally being on farm time? I would love to be on farm time. I believe in that whole “the early bird” thing, I’ve just never been able to do it. I’ve always been a late night guy. This has come in handy, here in England, as I often have to stay up ‘till 3:00 or 4:00 a.m. to watch NFL games. Still, I’ve always wanted to be one of those people who got up early. They’re seen as more spiritual than the rest of us, and I’ve always wanted to be more spiritual than the rest of you. Hopefully I’m finally on my way. Bring on the early morning prayer breakfasts!

It’s dreary here in London. After a week of sun, we came home to London’s signature grey skies…oh, and it’s five mile walk from the terminal to the baggage claim. What is up with that? Haven’t they ever heard of a tram? I think that technology arrives around the same time as air conditioning. So I guess we’ve still got a few years.

In the last three days, James Brown and Gerald Ford have died. I’m sure if I thought about it long enough, I could match it up to some sort of an apocalyptic sign. The Godfather of soul and the guy who got us out of Vietnam, both dying within three days of each other. Actually, I’ll have to leave that one to Rick Ponder who seems to have cornered the market on Biblical numbers.

Bugs Bunny still holds up! It’s on right now and it still holds up!

When you get up at 5:00 a.m. you’re either very deep, or not deep at all. Enjoy!

Comments on "it's 5:00 a.m. in london..."

 

Blogger Larry said ... (2:14 PM) : 

5am. Welcome to the club. This is when I have me time. Unfortunately, excercising that early in the morning can be a drag. Prayer can also be difficult but the discipline is great. On the other hand, falling asleep at 10 is a killer.

Happy New Year. Let's talk soon.

 

Blogger Cari said ... (6:03 PM) : 

My brain is dead until approximately 9am. I embrace the night!! And besides, where are the morning people after the party? Who's left to clean up? Now who's Holier???

 

post a comment