Tuesday, July 24, 2007

youtube, itube, wealltube

Last night and this morning I watched the Youtube debates. First let me just say that, for the first time, I loved the questions. I was disappointed that nobody asked anything about immigration, but other than that, I thought that the majority of questions were hard hitting and to the point. As far as the candidates, however, who in the world is funding the Mike Gravel campaign??? I mean, wow!

The above video and question was asked of the candidates last night and highlights, for me, one of the fundamental questions facing the church right now. What right do we have to enforce our beliefs on others? The Bible seems to make it clear that, while we’re to hold each other as believers accountable, that we’re not, in fact, to judge those outside the church.

Personally, I see our government’s job as serving and protecting us. If somebody else’s choice isn’t harming me, then what right do I have to tell them that they can’t do it? In the case of homosexuality, I can’t figure out, for the life of me, how their choice is bringing me any harm. Furthermore, if they want to call their relationship a marriage, how does this affect me?

Any light that others could shed on this would be greatly appreciated.

Comments on "youtube, itube, wealltube"

 

Blogger Dr. Keaton said ... (2:58 AM) : 

I am concerned that we feel the need in America to legislate morality. I do not find this in the Scriptures. In fact, I find just the opposite--that we are to be salt and light in the world, rather than forcing our faith on others. I think we have to invent reasons to feel persecuted . . .

 

post a comment