Friday, October 05, 2007

tps reports

Is it cheesy that I have a “spiritual gifts inventory” on my blog? In fact, does it make me look like a charismatic? I once stumbled onto a blog whose description included the fact that the writer was “non-charismatic”. I still haven’t gotten over it. In fact, I entered into a week long debate with the writer of that blog until it dawned on me that I didn’t even know the person and was, therefore, a dork for getting into the argument.

So today I started work on a Masters in Theological Education. It was a strange mix of emotions to be back at University. Mostly, I just felt old. College kids are dressing like it’s the 80’s again. I have a 20 year old in my Masters class. He started University at the age of 16 (he’s American, btw). Nice, and just what I needed; a twenty year old genius in my class.

Anyway, today the professor said something that I really liked. He said;

“Tradition is the living faith of the dead while traditionalism is the dead faith of the living.”

I might have to get that one on a t-shirt.

Comments on "tps reports"

 

Blogger My2BoysNMe said ... (4:31 AM) : 

Yeah for you! I'm proud of you for being "brave" and going back. Let me know when you see someone wearing leg warmers! I might have to open up the space bag and dust mine off! (Absolutely kidding, by the way)

 

Blogger My2BoysNMe said ... (1:23 AM) : 

Per your last post.....

Colton just got word that we will be going on a field trip in a few weeks. To "Chester's Party Barn". The web site says it includes Pumpkin (while supplies last)
(1) Pony Ride
(1) Cup of Feed
Pumpkin Bowling (.50)
And Unlimited...
Petting Zoo
3 Acre Hay Maze
Hay Rides
Karaoke & Games
10 ton Sandbox

I'm betting I'll be able to hook you up with some "fall" pictures!! I'll keep you informed.......

 

Blogger Trent said ... (4:47 AM) : 

I am glad you are enjoying you theological education. Remember though, genius is as genius does.

My own excursion into the theological has taken some setbacks. I don't know if I will continue or not. If I do continue the goal will not be the same.

By the way, !!!spoiler warning!!! ,







I suppose you enjoyed the game today.

 

Blogger Sean said ... (6:15 PM) : 

You can take the 20 year old if necessary. He may be faster, but you have 'man strength'.

Your professor sounds good. What is the class? I just read several books on the healthy church. Interestingly enough, most church leaders for denominations across the board have read these. I know Salvo's have. The authors, along with Jesus, preach against traditionalism. Most folks agree with it, yet their churches remain paralyzed by their traditions. All that to say, it would be interesting to hear the approach your teacher would apply to pulling a 'secret ambition' (which, by the way crowder covered and it was awesome)

 

Blogger Brit said ... (2:05 PM) : 

hows the classes going ;-)
i had heard that quote several times before...don't completely agree. i think its an American generalization that allows us to just skip straight to our next point :-) but really how is your theological educational masters going. sounds very interesting

 

post a comment