Saturday, August 04, 2007

questions

Do all rappers, and/or people who enjoy flashing gang signs in pictures, live on the west side?

How is it possible that Level 42 have a Definitive Collection album? Wouldn’t it basically just include that one song? And, on that same note, wouldn’t Tears For Fears definitive collection basically just be Songs From the Big Chair?

Did you know that, according to British charts, The Goo Goo Dolls are a one hit wonder?

“Do I look like the kind of guy who wears gold chains?” This was my question to a twelve year old who kept trying to sell me “a genuine 24 karat gold chain” out of his pocket yesterday.

Is it wrong to open a worship service with, “To those about to rock, we salute you.”? More importantly, are the French easily offended? I hope to answer both of those questions this week.

And finally, how many roads must a man walk down, before you can call him a man?

Answers to any or all of these questions are appreciated.

In the news of the week, and after a whole lot of work, I got accepted into the University of London, Kings College, this week to work on a Masters in Theological Education. It will take me two years to complete but I couldn’t be happier to put in the work. After that I’m thinking about truck driving school.

Comments on "questions"

 

Blogger Larry said ... (3:41 AM) : 

I would love to start our Family Camp with "To those who are about to rock, we salute you." Maybe I will let Phil Laeger do that this year.

As for the acceptance to the Master's Program, it must have been the great recommendation you got from the States :)

Does Jamie know about our relationship? :)

Seriously, congratulations on that great accomplishment. You will do great.

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (2:02 AM) : 

I found your blog by googling "These are my church clothes" and I found it to very intriguing.

I'll take a crack at one of those questions. It is definitely not wrong to start a service with "For those about to rock, we salute you". I mean, Rocking out is worship right? Head bangers for Jesus.

Congrats on the acceptance into the Master's Program, may the Lord continue to bless you as you serve Him.

 

Blogger Trent said ... (3:17 AM) : 

Great news. Good luck man.

 

post a comment