Monday, January 21, 2008

streetwise

Many of you know that my wife and I have planted a ministry in North London and, as part of our ministry, we run after school clubs for young people. Tomorrow we start our first cell group for teenagers. We’re calling it Streetwise. The idea is that we’ll be discussing the wisdom that is needed to make it out of the streets.

First of all, let me say that I hope that’s true. I hope that we actually have the courage to discuss the wisdom that is needed rather than giving the canned answers that adults are supposed to give to young people; like if you’re being bullied, tell a teacher.

That said, we begin tomorrow with The Good Samaritan. In a multi-cultural (ethnic, race, and religion) neighbourhood, we felt like this would be the perfect start. And in a neighbourhood where everybody outside your culture is the enemy, I thought the below video would be a great discussion starter for this topic.


Comments on "streetwise"

 

Blogger Roz Lynch said ... (11:19 AM) : 

Great video...looks like a perfect starting point for streetwise...how's it going?

 

post a comment