Thursday, January 17, 2008

a break in the action

A friend just finished up an article on his blog in which he asks the following question:

As much as I love the precepts of the emerging church, I wonder how well some of these ideas would work in a non-white American culture.
That got me to thinking that the so-called emerging church movement (of which I reluctantly consider myself a part) is, in fact, VERY white! Am I wrong about that? I can't think of a single minority author or even minority speaker who are a part of the emerging church movement.

That's got to mean something.

Comments on "a break in the action"

 

Blogger Dr. Keaton said ... (2:06 AM) : 

I am glad I can be an instigator to soap box.

 

Blogger shaunespencer said ... (1:56 PM) : 

There is a guy named Anthony Bradley. I would have to consider him "semi-emergent" but he has some interesting thoughts on the issues that the more "fully-emergent" folks would hold dear. He wrties mostly articles but there is one caveat. He would not consider Calvin to be ogrely, perhaps a poor dresser but not ogrely.

 

post a comment