Friday, October 17, 2008

brad reynolds - anyway

I won't vouch for the music itself, but I love the lyrics. The second verse in particular, is one of the gutsiest verses I’ve ever seen in a Christian song. If you ask me, it ranks right up there with the best of Derek Webb and Larry Norman.





Your browser does not support ActiveX controls or the Windows Media Player.



He’s been sleeping on the sidewalk
Since the money went away
Can you love him anyway?
Really love him anyway?
He lost his mind but finds the time
To bum a dollar everyday
But my Jesus says to love him anyway

(chorus)
‘Cause love is the only evidence against us
That tells the world we’re guilty of a change
And there is not a one who lives among us
Who wasn’t lost somewhere along the way
But judgement turned to mercy
And mercy took our blame
When it all comes down to loving anyway

She did not want to be a mother
She still supports her right to choose
Can you love her anyway?
Really love her anyway?
She hates what you believe
And proudly shares her point of view
My Jesus says to love her anyway

So open up your heart and let them see
How it feels and what it really means


So drop that stone of condescension
And don’t forget to mention
That Jesus chose to love us anyway
Excuse me Mr. Christian
I sure hope you were listening
When Jesus said to love them anyway
‘Cause no matter who we are
Where we’ve been or how deep our scars
Jesus came to love us anyway
Hey there sister Christian
I sure hope you were listening
When Jesus said to love them anyway

Comments on "brad reynolds - anyway"

 

Blogger Dave Jones said ... (12:18 AM) : 

I agree both that the music isn't my usual stuff - a bit country for my liking (but not so much I switched off). Sounds a bit like Randy Stonehill.

The lyrics are superb though. Very Normanesque

 

Blogger Larry said ... (4:19 PM) : 

wow this is deep.

 

post a comment