Thursday, July 28, 2005

conspiracy theories

Need a little help here (tommy boy)!

I’m working on a sermon about a conspiracy theory that suggests that modern day Christianity has successfully dethroned Jesus as Lord, relegating him to simply Saviour, and replacing him with Paul as teacher, and possibly Lord. The point I’m trying to get across is that, when we read and preach from the gospels, we seem to mainly focus on Jesus’ death and resurrection, setting aside all of the stuff he taught before that (feed the hungry, clothe the naked, forgive, etc.).

Anyway, I’d like to start off by sharing some of the craziest conspiracy theories out there and wondered if you all might know of any. If your response is going to be a long one, feel free to email it to me at tcmiller94@yahoo.com, or just post your comment here. Either way, it’s appreciated.

Drew, I’m counting on you for a whopper. Surely you must have an email or two on this that you could forward to me. : ) And the answer is “no”, I’m never going to let it go!

Comments on "conspiracy theories"

 

Blogger Bill said ... (3:26 PM) : 

Not sure if this will help and might be to far one side.

http://www.freedomunderground.org/memoryhole/pentagon.php#Main

 

Blogger Tim said ... (3:28 PM) : 

Thanks. As I'm living in Europe, it would be helpful if the conspiracies weren't quite so American but maybe a little more general. Thanks for the link though!

 

Blogger Mary Ann Parks said ... (5:51 PM) : 

What about the Princess Di theory? How the Royal Family was behind her crash? (If that's too sensitive a topic, I apologize.)

 

Blogger Tim said ... (6:10 PM) : 

No, that's a good one. Thanks!

 

Blogger Gordon said ... (10:10 AM) : 

whoa! careful Tim you might be on a slippery slope! ;o)

Seriously though - great thoughts. We seem to be great on 'Mission outside the context of the core of Jesus' life and message ie the reign of God'

 

Blogger blogblogblog said ... (7:01 PM) : 

Being called out like that, I wish I had some personal conspiracy theory to share--oh wait, I do, that Tim started this blog just to have a platform to spread false information about my use of the forward button on my email browser.

Notwishstanding, here's a link for you:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chemtrail_theory. It's about the trails left behind by airplanes and how they might not actually be condensation (contrails),but some way to spread chemicals in the atmosphere for some diabolical purpose like altering the weather or mind control (spooky)

I don't know if you have fluoride in your water (seems more an American than a British thing to do) but here's a theory that fluoridation is a way of poisoining the populace:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flouridation

Lastly, here's a whole list of conspiracy theories neatly categorized in outline form:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Conspiracy_theories_%28a_collection%29

Stick that in your forward and smoke it.

 

post a comment