Tuesday, May 16, 2006

new blog description

Haha. Have you ever noticed that we get awfully poetic when it comes to our blogs, and especially their descriptions? I know some of you guys! And some of you guys aren’t all that poetic in real life!

I’ve been reading through blog descriptions and have taken a bit here, and a bit there, to come up with one big description for my blog.

The casual, random, rambling, collective thoughts, wafflings, rants, reflections, meandering musings, intentional encounters, and interactions between a living God and a primitive urban missionary who is embedded in the trenches. So grab a latte and sit back as I consider life’s questions, and the journey!

Sounds perfect.

Btw, though he totally ripped off my idea, I'm going to give Ben the link because he's got a great poem posted from a guy who calls himself the Penniless Poet. The guy is homeless and hangs out at their church during the week. He gave the pastor of the church a "book" of poetry that he had written. Most of it is on homelessness and it is amazing. I highly recommend checking it out.

Btw, I spent this past weekend checking out several great albums, including Pearl Jam, The Red Hot Chili Peppers, The Kooks, and Gnarls Barkley. What I wasn't able to find was a good Christian album. I'm up to speed on Charley Hall, David Crowder, and Chris Tomlin. Anybody have any other recommendations?

Comments on "new blog description"

 

Blogger Matt Leeder said ... (2:47 PM) : 

God bless you Tim. Thank you for your encouragement

 

Blogger Sean said ... (4:43 PM) : 

DC Talk Nu THang...
Heaven bound, hoo hoo heaven hahahah heaven ha ha ha heaven bound yeah!

Over here Relient K, Sanctus Real, Copeland, and Toby Mac are the buzz amungst younger folks. Sanctus Real made the cover of the young salvationist so you know they are big. All sort of punk/ pop rock.

There is a girl Bethany Dillan who I like, she writes her own stuff and is a pretty good guitar player and great singer, but she is sixteen so she is pretty impressive.

Good luck however finding anything awesome. Christian music is currently being its own genre and thus not being all that awesome and new.

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (5:16 PM) : 

Tell me Tim, how do you get rid of love handles? Glad to know my stories filter...

 

Blogger Tim said ... (5:22 PM) : 

How do I get rid of love handles? Sadly, I don't. : (

 

Blogger Dave C said ... (8:10 PM) : 

Switchfoot, Relient K, and the first Jars of Clay album...all great. I have them all playing on my blog of random thoughts, musings and lattes.

In His Grip,
Dave

 

Blogger Cari said ... (10:52 PM) : 

My kids are on a Mae kick to which I say "What the..." I don't get it. I'm old. It stinks when you and your kids don't get each other's music. But you gotta hear Brett and me sing "Bohemian Rhapsody," with all the instrumental parts and everyhing. It just brings us together, you know? Great bonding.

 

Blogger Tim said ... (11:47 PM) : 

I'm sorry, did Dave just recommend the FIRST Jars of Clay album??? Dude, I was a sophomore in college when that thing came out! Are you telling me that that's the last good Christian album??? : (

 

Blogger Dave C said ... (2:06 AM) : 

I didn't say it was the LAST good one...I said it was good. A agree with Sean, not much different other good Christian music has come out.

have you heard Todd Agnew...he's decent.

 

post a comment