Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Nostalgia 2

It’s summer and I’m feeling nostalgic. I miss being a kid. Specifically a teenage kid. Sand volleyball out behind the church. Summer days with the car windows down but the AC cranked up. Warm summer nights eating Taco Bell and wishing I had a girl to hang out with instead of Dave. 89er Games. Falls Creek and the ever present possibility that you might meet someone of the opposite gender who might like you back. Rolling in at midnight (summer curfew). Summer songs (Boys of Summer) and great summer movies (Top Gun).

And so, a special shout out goes out to the friends from my youth group. Dave, Jennifer, Kevin, Rebecca, Tarisa, Keith, Yvonna, Tasha, Stuart, David. I miss you guys!

Comments on "Nostalgia 2"

 

Blogger My2BoysNMe said ... (6:30 PM) : 

Just to make you feel even older, my son is 17 and going to Falls Creek on Monday with all of his friends. Reading the rules and such for Falls Creek the other day (which I had to sign) took me back. 1. There will be no girls in the boys dorm and no boys in the girls dorm. 5.All clothes inside the cabin should fit the same dress code as outside. 9. No PDA (that's public or private displays of affection). Then there's the dress code. You know, it wouldn't have been that hard for us back then (we had to live by that dress code anyway), but do you know how hard it's going to be for some of the girls in Joe's class to find "apparel that doesn't expose the midriff" or something "modest in length". Man, I'm glad I have boys.....

 

Blogger My2BoysNMe said ... (6:32 PM) : 

Oh gee, it doesn't say, but it's me, Amiee (Hervey) Lively! Lol

 

Blogger Tim said ... (11:08 AM) : 

Hi Amiee, you don't have a blog and your contact details are not attached to your post! Get with the programme girl! How am I supposed to reply?

 

Blogger My2BoysNMe said ... (8:19 PM) : 

Hey! How come Dave don't have one either???? ;-(
OK fine! I went and posted one, JUST FOR TIM. I've read some of your blogs, but how are you??? Olyvia is really beautiful!

 

Blogger My2BoysNMe said ... (8:36 PM) : 

HAHA! Now I even have a PICTURE! NOW who's with the "programme"???? lol

 

post a comment