Friday, September 30, 2005

What's goin' on? name that artist

Not a great picture, I know, and by the time I made it home the rainbow was barely visible, but a rainbow over this community is important.

It’s been a while yet I have nothing to say that would interest a soul.

The baby has still not come.

We held our open house this week and had a million young people and parents stop by.

My divisional ministry is challenging me to be the person I think I should be, I think the church should be, I think DHQ should be, and that I gripe about others not being. In other words, it’s challenging me to not be a hypocrite. Yeah, it sucks.

So with all of those boring details in mind, two separate friends have said things this week that have challenged me. They are as follows:

“Out of sheer curiosity, how has God shown himself to you lately?” Annie

“Failure is the foundation of truth. It shows you what isn't true and that's a really great place to begin" Mel

Comments on "What's goin' on? name that artist"

 

Blogger Gordon said ... (9:42 AM) : 

"a rainbow over this community is important" I liked that - without sounding hippy it made me think how we should be used as a church in our communities. Problem is quite often we remain drab and grey and quite invisible!!

 

Blogger blogblogblog said ... (11:58 PM) : 

or we waste time arguing over whether the old colors don't work anymore and it's time for a radically different rainbow of plaids (sorry, tartans) and stripes and totally miss the point that it's the promise of new hope that matters most. stick that one in your metaphor & smoke it!

 

Blogger anniebuck2 said ... (5:47 AM) : 

Tim

It's not often rainbows are seen and I love stopping everything to look at those and sunsets. Last year, I would get up early occationally to catch the sun rise. Amazing.

PS. Not that you're busy enough as it is but check out my blog over the next couple of days. Tomorrow I plan on posting a picture that's sure to get some laughs.

 

post a comment