Saturday, January 14, 2006

it's good to be home

Well, we’re back…and jet lagged like nobody’s business (if I cussed I could have made that last sentence sound sooooo much cooler).

We had this great plan. Arrive in London at 8:00 a.m. Friday morning, stay up all day (after not sleeping at all on the plane) and then go to bed around 9 or 10 in the evening. We were sure this would work and would guarantee a change of sleep schedule. Instead, we pretty much slept as soon as we got home, stayed up the rest of the day, caught our second wind, and couldn’t get back to sleep until 5:30 a.m. Olyvia, however, was ready to wake up at 6:30 a.m. and then I had to meet somebody at 11:00. So I met them, finished helping a friend move into his new place in our neighbourhood, then came home and passed out on the couch. If everything comes together, I’ll fall asleep around 5:30 again. Awesome!

It’s good to be back in the neighbourhood. It’s kind of weird being here after being gone so long. I’m having flashbacks of when we first moved here. But the neighbourhood has welcomed us with open arms, welcoming us back, shaking our hand as we walk past their shop and, oh yeah, there was that guy I had to chase off because he was peeing on the wall in front of our house. Not kidding. Lol.

I’m a little too jet lagged to go into my feelings about our trip back to the States, but Jamie has some great thoughts on her blog.

In the meantime, it didn’t take us long to grab some dinner at our favourite place in the hood. Genc (pronounced Gench) is a Turkish place in our neighbourhood that is awesome. Everything is cooked on this huge grill and it is amazing! It’s good to be home.

Btw, Olyvia also has a great new pic on her blog! Our friend Debbie took this one, however. I can't take credit.

Comments on "it's good to be home"

 

Blogger Cari said ... (9:10 PM) : 

Hey! I'm glad you got to come home for awhile, but I'm really glad that you're so happy in your mission field. I missed you and it sucks that I got to see you guys for only 15 minutes. I called twice. Once you were asleep. Once you were on your way out. Once I thougt your mom said you were jetting out on the 17th, and then found out on the day you left that you were gone. Know what? I'll come see you some day. It's in my Grand Plan. (There isn't a lot in the Grand Plan, only to go to Europe some day.) Anyway, love you guys. I'm sorry I didn't see you. Come back!!

 

post a comment