Tuesday, January 03, 2006

resolved

It seems the popular feeling to hate new year’s resolutions but I, for one, like them. They give me a goal and I need goals in my life. I tend to fly by the seat of my pants a lot, and I have to tell you, the seat of my pants isn’t all that motivated or organized. So I set goals and new years is always a good reminder.

There are lots of goals I could, and probably should, set this year. The following is just a short list:

Lose fifteen pounds.
Cut back to no more than five hours of tv a week.
Eat dinner at the table at least five nights a week.
Read twelve books this year (one a month).
Learn to say to say “yes Mel, I love that music you’re playing me right now”.
Take one Saturday a month to see London and its history.
Finish two (maybe three) Bible study work books.
Get my (freaking) school loans paid off.
And several other professional goals.

All or any of these would be good goals, and I may give several of them a shot (if I don’t lose the fifteen pounds I’m going to have to set a new wardrobe purchasing goal). But I’ve decided on the following as my permanent one year goal.

I want to begin each day asking the question “What do you want to say to me today God?” and end each day asking the question “What did God say to me today?”

I know that’s basic, but sometimes the basics lead to the greatest depth and right now, just making an effort to listen for God’s voice on a daily basis would be life changing.
It appears that I won’t be getting any new pictures posted until I get back to London. Btw, still no visas!

Comments on "resolved"

 

Blogger Larry said ... (3:48 PM) : 

Tim,

We will pray for you and Jamie and the visa situation.

I know if you resolve to ask the Lord for His will everyday, you will be fine in all situations

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (11:59 PM) : 

Tim, those are great resolutions. I assure you, once accomplished...you won't regret them, particularly some. You may even find yourself becoming a genuine person and appreciating my music.
TIM: "That sounds like my mom doing a church special"
ME: "Whatever..."
Miss you guys, prayin like a maniac for the visa's. I can't handle Chubb alone.

 

post a comment