Monday, August 08, 2005

now i've done it

Tonight I made a huge mistake. I saw the guys I suspect of mugging people around here, sitting on the wall across the street, so I decided to try and get a picture. I went up to the second story of our house, peaked out the window, and snapped a shot…AND THE FLASH WENT OFF! All HELL broke loose! The guys jumped up, shouting and pulling their hoods over their faces, and scattering. Except two of them who decided to run across the street and start banging on my door. I, of course, did not answer. I’m sitting in my house right now, with the lights off, wondering if (a) I’m officially an enemy now, in danger of revenge, or (b) they think I’ve got a picture and will therefore be looking to steer clear of the area. I’m really hoping for (b) but have to tell you that because the stupid flash went off, I didn’t actually get the shot.

I’m slapping myself in the forehead right now wondering how I ever managed to learn how to tie my shoes. I don’t want to be a drama queen here (that’s Mel and Nat’s job), but would appreciate your prayers. Pray for protection (obviously) but also for peace. Common sense would also be nice.

Comments on "now i've done it"

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (11:23 PM) : 

Tim!
I can't believe you are such an idiot! But I've decided to pray for you anyway. It's one thing to take pictures of people without their knowledge but its another to leave the flash on! DUDE! And talk about drama queens...you made this event sound like something from mission impossible! Lord! You guys are in my prayers. Just don't do anything stupid again, ya big geek hero.

 

Blogger anniebuck2 said ... (1:49 AM) : 

Hi Tim!

Well, I broke down and I got a blogspot. I read the comment that you left on my site. All I have to say about the mashed potatoes is give it a try before you judge. I know it sounds odd and possibly a bit gross...think of it as a really large baked potato. :smile:
I honestly don't know much about meat and I have no idea what summer sausage is.
I'll keep you in my prayers.

 

post a comment