Sunday, January 29, 2006

He lives...and He looks a LOT like me!

A friend wrote and gave this to me. It's to the tune He Lives.

I serve a middle class saviour
He’s in my life today
I’ve made Him in my image
And that’s how He will stay
I’ve shaped Him by my worldview
With tender loving care
And when my lifestyle’s threatened
He’s always there

He lives and gives
Me comfort on life’s way
He walks like me and talks like me
Why would I ever stray?
He lives and gives
Salvation without cost
I’ll never need to sacrifice
Or suffer for the lost

Btw, I considered titling this post Phil Laeger.com. : )

Comments on "He lives...and He looks a LOT like me!"

 

Blogger Phil said ... (2:39 AM) : 

love the new words. i think i'll introduce them in church next Sunday. :)

btw, hope you know I titled my latest post after your blog simply because I thought it fit - and I love your blog title. see ya.

 

Blogger Larry said ... (3:53 PM) : 

Nice....Keep asking hard questions and don't look for the easy answers.

I think that the issue you address in this post strikes to the heart of whether we are truly missional or not.

 

Blogger peter said ... (4:50 AM) : 

Altough we would never admit it (possibly never even to ourselves); those lyrics are really in tune with most of our theologies on life. But again most people would never be that honest.
Remember the old sunday school song? 'J.O.Y, J.O.Y... Jesus First, yourself last and others in between.'

Something to think about. challenge us.

Peter
www.lublink.ca

 

post a comment