Thursday, January 26, 2006

what a shame

Ever had one of those weeks? Boy has this been one of those weeks. And, what’s worse, I can’t share any of it. Yeah. So I get to just sit here and bathe in a really bad week.

So, with that in mind, I’ve decided to invite you to rant. If you could say anything you wanted, about any subject at all, what would it be? For this one post, I’m turning off the login which means that you have the opportunity to post anonymously. So go ahead. If you could say anything you wanted to, without the fear of making a mess for yourself, what would it be?

This will either be really interesting, or really boring. Or really offensive to me. : )

Comments on "what a shame"

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:46 PM) : 

Hey Tim, I wanted to say how much of a Gellie Man fan I was.
I would have to say that I am probably close to his number one fan, he is an Icon in his own right.
Why I am such a Big fan!
Technically speaking his videography... breath taking.
The "pfffffffff" on a star wars scroll in, first off makes my heart smile. The BatMan style "She moves how?" lyric prompt, warms the innermost depth of any onlooker. You want to talk choreography? I learnt the steps to this one with hopes of becoming a back up dancer, and i have to say the 3 step fist-pump, stunning closer. In terms of what seals the deal, the multi-colour rotating disco Globe, great accent to go along with what I believe to be a reference of another piece of on-screen magic, a Beethoven poster on the back of the door.
Tim, you have some great thoughts here, and they have to ability to really challenge... i like it. thanks for the chance to speak out, but i look forward to you taking the reigns again.
Thanks for listening and I conclude with the only two words that matter.
Gellie Man.

 

Blogger Phil said ... (4:23 AM) : 

i would say that Tommy Boy is the funniest movie ever and that everyone should own a copy. that Tim Tams are the best chocolate biscuit ever and that I can't wait until the new Zelda game comes out this year.

oh yeah, and my wife and son are the best things that ever happened to me (at least until the Zelda game comes out)...

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:26 AM) : 

David Wilcox is better than john gorka

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:05 AM) : 

Here is a rant. as requested. I wish I could hit people sometimes. people who are so full of themselves that they dont stop to consider others. I wish I could shake people and they would begin being better people, reaching their potential. I wish I wasn't flawed and was a perfect leader and friend. I'm pretty crap actually and that makes me madder than anything. I feel a bit better now.

 

Blogger Larry said ... (12:17 PM) : 

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 

Blogger Larry said ... (12:18 PM) : 

What is up with that kid's head?
Possibly, he has an emergent hair cut?

By the way, I am tired of the terms postmodern and emergent. I use them all the time. That makes me even more frustrated.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:41 PM) : 

Doing the most good...someone recently explained to me, the thought process behind the phrase. When it is explained in detail it doesn't sound as condescending and full of itself. That makes it better. As long as the insiders understand. that makes it better. Old topic I know, but I just conversed about it.
Also, about baptism...kidding
Filing taxes is the worst day ever.
I wish v8 was actually chicken wings.
HIp Hop, except of course "don't you wish your girlfriend was hot like me"
I would like to have a CHrist like heart when it is inconvenient.

 

Blogger Sean said ... (1:54 PM) : 

U2's song Yahweh. obviously u2 is awesome, that song...not so much. "take these hands... don't make a fist, ... no..." remarkably deep lyrics. THis of course coming from a lyrical master.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:12 PM) : 

here's my rant.. why are we as a church often so intent on preserving morsels of christianity in government jurisdiction? ie. prayer in school, 10 commandments in the alabama (or mississipi?) state legislature, creationism vs. evolution.. etc. etc..

i understand that a devoted christ follower truly wants to share with the world the one true path to salvation.. but what makes christianity superior to other religions or beliefs in the public sector?

who are we to tell hindu and muslim children that they must pray to a christian god in school?

where do we get off believing that our religious symbols should adorn the halls of publicly elected officials? what does that say to an athiest or buddist about the equality of justice that they should expect to receive?

and creationsism? what makes that any more relevent to a SCIENCE class than other religious beliefs about the origins of the world. it mostly contradicts generally accepted scientific knowledge.. and is probably better suited to a social science class that embraces different beliefs.

does this make me a pluralist? a universalist? absolutely not. it is the role of the church to minister and serve others in such a way that we demonstrate the inside-out spirituality of christ. christian involvement in these and other political matters is a dangerous thing. it tells others that we are more concerned with governing their views of god/christ when we should be focused on a demonstration of love that has nothing to do decisions of elected officials.

rant "part b" is that america was founded on christian ideals, so people should not have a problem with these threads of christianity. to me this is a circular argument.. if i'm convinced of the above rant, than why would this argument hold any water?

i'll save rant "part c" for another day.

 

Blogger Tim said ... (4:30 PM) : 

: ) This may be the greatest post of all time. The only problem is, I don't know who most of you are. I'd really like to shake hands with one or two of you. Oh, and whoever keeps typing "David Wilcox is better than John Gorka." is a complete moron and knows zilch about music. Is that Sean or Rick? : )

 

Blogger Cari said ... (5:41 PM) : 

Wouldn't it be great if we had a rewind button? I know about grace and mercy but it just seems like if we could undo things totally...go back and redo it the right way, like on Groundhog Day. I wonder how far back I'd rewind?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:04 PM) : 

a clue to the identity of the long winded rant on christianity in the political forum...

written by a canadian (don't start...) who you have shaken hands with in the past.

 

Blogger anniebuck2 said ... (7:34 PM) : 

Tim,

My rant is about people who think they're helping when they're not. Even though I am picky about who I take counsel from...I have ended up regretting opening my mouth. Not because it's stuff I don't want to hear but because the words were said to make me feel guilty.

On a completely different note this week was Great Comission Congress week at school. This year was the first year I felt like we weren't being guilted into being a missionary but instead challenged to look at how we can all be involved with missions. Yes there will be those who are called to be missionaries to other countries but someone has to support them and then there's the prayer warriors. I actually like this week on the whole though because I always end up learning more about some other part of the world.

My final rant is about human trafficking. It is awful and it is everywhere around the world. I did learn that the government uses about $82 million towards NGO's to help put a stop to modern day slavery. My question is...is the funding doing anything to make a difference? Will human trafficking be another problem that we will be able to minimize but not eliminate like poverty? Will human trafficking be like most hot topics where it's popular one moment and somehow it get's forgotten by the majority?

 

post a comment