Tuesday, October 04, 2005

More Pictures

Page down for more new pics.

Well, I wanted to give myself a night to sleep on it. You know, one night to make sure that I wasn’t just a little delirious from 40 hours without sleep. A night to make sure that I wasn’t just a little biased. But after sleeping on it, getting up this morning and having a good breakfast, and a quick look around the maternity ward, it appears that she IS the cutest baby alive.

I thought it over and, in all fairness, I don’t know if she’s the cutest baby to have ever existed. The technology of photography only goes back to about the late 1800’s and it wasn’t until the 1950’s that every family on the block owned a camera and was using it to photograph that new baby. But it’s certainly safe to say that in the last half century, any baby who had even the remotest spark of good looks has been photographed. And, after doing little more than staring at her all day, I feel that I can confidently say that she is, without a doubt, the cutest baby to exist within the last half century.

To all of my friends out there with baby’s, let me take a little of the sting out of if for you. Each day there are approximately 342,000 babies born on this planet (thanks askgeeves.com), so while you’re baby can never be number one, number two aint bad!

Today I held her and stared at her. Then I kissed on her a while(she only knows how to French kiss so we’ll have to work on that). Then I stared at her some more. Then I changed the first diaper I’ve changed in nearly 16 years (a big hello to Ashton) at which point I was put off the whole thing so I gave her back to Jamie. : ) Just kidding. I stared at her some more! In between I took a million of the exact same photo, sure that each one of them would be original, unique, and a new one I didn’t have. Good thing I bought the largest memory stick Nikon sells!

Jamie is doing well and seems quite comfortable. And now, for the moment you’ve all been waiting for. The name of our baby is…(drum roll please)…whatserface! Yeah. Not only did we not decide on one, we actually ADDED two more to the list! Tomorrow for sure though! : )

Comments on "More Pictures"

 

Blogger Laura said ... (8:25 PM) : 

She is precious!! Congrats.

 

post a comment