Monday, February 13, 2006

comfort?

In case you miss that last part, it says…

“Derek Webb’s third solo album, Mockingbird, tackles subjects ranging from social justice and politics to relationships in a raw way that is sure to make some people uncomfortable. But that’s okay with Derek. The Church has been comfortable for far too long."

The following are the lyrics to the song playing on the right called New Law.

(vs. 1)
Don’t teach me about
Politics and government
Just tell me who to vote for

Don’t teach me about truth and beauty
Just label my music

Don’t teach me how to live like a free man
Just give me a new law

(pre-chorus)
I don’t wanna know if the answers aren’t easy
So just bring it down from the mountain to me

(chorus)
I want a new law
I want a new law
Gimme that new law

(vs. 2)
Don’t teach me about moderation and liberty
I prefer a shot of grape juice

Don’t teach me about loving my enemies
Don’t teach me how to listen to the Spirit
Just give me a new law

(pre-chorus/chorus)

(bridge)
What’s the use in trading a law you can never keep
For one you can that cannot get you anything
Do not be afraid
Do not be afraid
Do not be afraid

Comments on "comfort?"

 

Blogger anniebuck2 said ... (2:36 AM) : 

Tim,
I've decided to not drop xanga just yet. However, I'm committing to updating my more adult blog more often.

 

Blogger Naomi said ... (4:06 AM) : 

Oooooh... sounds a bit like a modern-day Steve Taylor :-)

 

Blogger peter said ... (4:41 PM) : 

I like the sounds of it. The church often gets so caught up in its 'prioties' that it forgets about God's priorities.

PETER
www.lublink.ca

 

Blogger Phil said ... (4:43 PM) : 

I love it. Derek is a voice that needs to be heard today. Now there's something we can agree on... :)

 

Blogger anniebuck2 said ... (12:42 AM) : 

Tim,

How in the world do you edit links on this blogger blog? Also is there an easy way to format the template or look of the blog? You seem to be a pro at this so I thought I would ask you.

Thanks!

 

post a comment